Sunday, December 27, 2009

Regina Spektor


I always like to describe this lovely Indie lady's music as sounding the way summer smells. Regina's music is very different from most of what I listen to, but I still really love her musical style. It's beautiful and experimental. Regina's fashion style is very similar in this regard.

Regina's style is feminine and very vintage-inspired. She adds some intrigue, usually by employing different structures especially in her blouses. Floral prints are a Regina staple as well as skirts, dresses and structured jackets. Regina sticks to basic colors, usually and coordinates her wardrobe well. Again, almost everything she wears has a vintage flair to it. Jewelry is generally classy and does not distract from the real focus - her pretty face. And if you're planning on channeling Regina, don't forget your lipstick and curling iron.

I'm not really into the feminine look and my idea of vintage is band tees and leather jackets from the '70's, but I've seen this look all over the place. I think it looks good on almost any girl because it's interesting, flattering and fairly easy to put together. This is a good option to add instant class and flair to your wardrobe.

For Regina-inspired casual wear, I picked out a vintage floral blouse, simple skirt, structured trench, simple gold jewelry, feminine ballet flats and a cute and functional messenger bag. For a more formal look, I stuck with the floral theme for a cute, feminine dress, patterned tights for flair and a simple, classy clutch and shoes. Again, the jewelry is simple and gold. And of course, I couldn't forget coordinating lipstick!


No comments:

Post a Comment