Saturday, December 12, 2009

Oh! The Irony

Pulling off ironic fashion is far from easy. And it's becoming a bigger and bigger thing. There are darn hipsters crawling all over the place! I'm not gonna lie. I do like some irony in my wardrobe. It's a lot of fun. For example, here's one of my favorite shirts of all time!

That's a picture of Kanye and it says "Yo I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish, but I have one of the best shirts of all time"

The thing is, when you try to do irony, you run the risk of looking like you know nothing about fashion or looking like a flamboyant hipster.

Yesterday, my hall had "Crazy Christmas Sweater Day" and this is pretty much the approach I took. (I should have taken a picture, but this is almost exactly the look I rocked.)
Pull off a tacky Xmas sweaterI wanted to make the sweater the main focus so it would be obvious it was intentional. I kept the rest very basic, but still trendy. Most of all, remember to rock it with confidence! In general, when doing irony, keep it classy, polished, smart and coordinated. You want to look like this:


and NOT like this:

2 comments: