Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Finals week...

Ugh. Finals week. My exams start tomorrow night. So, naturally, I've been studying with a lot of late nights. And I'm kind of a wreck. But that's no excuse for looking like a total slob! Here are some tips I've picked up for looking presentable in the midst of the high stress and sleep deprivation.

Showering at night
This may be a no-brainer for some, but I always take my showers in the morning. The main reason I don't take showers at night is that when I'm sleepy, I don't feel like doing my hair. My roommates can go to bed with wet hair, wake up the next morning and look fine. I can't pull that trick. So last night, I set my hair in two braids after my shower and before I went to sleep. In the morning, I took them out and had relatively tame waves instead of looking like an electrocuted poodle. This allows me to sleep until the last minute and still look okay.

Makeup
If I give up makeup altogether, it will be quite obvious that I'm sleepless and generally out of it. However, I just used enough concealer to cover blemishes and dark eye-circles and just enough mascara to make me look awake. I almost never leave my room without eyeliner, so this is different for me. However, I am now free to rub my eyes without worrying about looking like Courtney Love.

Leggings!
I love leggings. I picked this tip up from College Fashion. Leggings are comfy to sleep in and all you have to do the next morning is throw on an oversized tee or cardigan and run with it. Now you're comfortable, but you're doing it with more flair than sweatpants.

Shoes
Comfort and ease is what you're going for here. You want shoes you can slip on and walk out the door in. It gets really cold here in Northwest PA, so I'll be sticking to my moccasins, my suede boots and my snow boots. Every girl needs at least one pair of comfy, stylish go-to shoes for situations like this. I have a few recommendations!


I made my roomie take a picture of me today. I know I look rough, but trust me- it could be much worse.
I did the leggings. Yes, I did sleep in them last night. I pulled on my Charlotte Russe suede boots. Band T shirts are an important staple of my wardrobe. I wore my longest, roomiest one since it is comfortable and adds personal flair to my ensemble. And finally, I wore my extra large, obnoxiously colored grandpa cardigan. This is one of my favorite wardrobe pieces ever. It's sooo comfortable and really fun and versatile too! Did I mention I bought it at a thrift store for 4 dollars?

So, there you go. This is my game plan for facing finals week. I will inevitably look like a mess, so I might as well do it with style.

Currently listening to: "Tell Her Tonight" Franz Ferdinand

1 comment:

  1. hahaha i love reading your blog, such good fashion tips. and i always sleep in leggings but i never thought to wear them the next day....hmmm...

    ReplyDelete