Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Random, I know

Off with you're head
Dance 'til you're dead
Heads will roll
Heads will roll
Heads will roll
On the floor

Imagine my delight when I paused in the Charlotte Russe fitting room to hear these familiar lyrics being sung through the speakers by none other than Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Karen O. I was ecstatic. Mall stores don't like to play the music I'm into.

Faces all around me.
They don't smile, they just crack.
Waiting for our ship to come,
But our ship's not coming back.

Imagine my even-more delight when I followed Cassidy into Pac Sun to hear The Bravery (aka my reason for living) sounding clearly through the store.

A good day, for sure.

And here is a list I have compiled of musical artists that have been greatly influential in getting me through certain periods of life:

The Bravery
Interpol
Bloc Party
The Cure
The Killers
The Myriad
Regina Spektor
Rebecca St. James
Taylor Swift
The White Stripes
The Velvet Underground

Currently listening to: "Don't Shoot Me Santa" The Killers

No comments:

Post a Comment