Saturday, November 21, 2009


I love planning outfits. It's an addiction, really. I love, love, love fashion.
This outfit is for my IB graduation ceremony in December. We all get our IB diplomas that tell us we scored well enough on our pointless exams to have a pointless diploma from an almost pointless international organization. Woo!
The thing about IB graduation is that it's the biggest event of the year. The recent graduates all come back to their dear old high school to get their diplomas. But also to reminisce and say hi to the people they left behind. It's also the first time a lot of the grads will see each other since summer.
There are a lot of people from high school who dislike me very much. There are also a lot of people who don't dislike me, but destroyed my self esteem. Honestly, I'm a little terrified to go back. I've gained so much confidence in the last few months and I'm worried about going back and revisiting that dark time in my life. It's very important that I feel confident during this ordeal.
One thing I've noticed is that when I dress edgy and BA, I FEEL edgy and BA. It's stupid, I know. But it works for me. If I have to do something intimidating, I throw on my studded belt, my faux-leather leggings and a wild dress. It makes me almost fearless. This outfit is designed to provide optimal confidence.
First, black is the dominant color here. Black makes me feel mysterious and even a little scary. The sequined dress is super classy and that's why I chose it. It grabs the attention without being gaudy. The class-factor is a definite must. I need to feel graceful. The leather jacket adds kind of a tough, rugged element to the classiness that I think is super cool. The leggings... well I just love shiny black leggings. The studded leather bracelets are fun and kind of BA. The shoes are important. The wedge heel means I'll feel taller and more confident, but I'll also be able to walk in them. And it carries on the studded theme from the bracelets. The slouchy leather bag is trendy and I just love it. And finally, liquid black eyeliner. One of my favorite, favorite things. It has this super clean and bold line. I never leave my house or dorm room without black eyeliner and the liquid kind is good for a confidence boost.
So there you go. Wish me luck recreating this outfit and not re-developing that horrible inferiority complex when I set foot in that school with my old classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment