Monday, January 18, 2010

Resolutions (A bit late...)

I know it's late to be writing about New Year's Resolutions, but I decided to share some of my style-related resolutions for this year.

1. No sweats/pajamas in public
It's hard. Believe me I know. Last semester, I literally rolled out of bed, pulled on a hoodie over my pj's and went to my 8 am just like that. Bedhead, unwashed face and all. It's not so much about wearing legit pants as it is about looking presentable. If I have time to pull on a hoodie, I have time to slip on a dress instead. And for those days when I'm just feeling under the weather and want to be comfortable, I did myself a favor and bought myself a pair of sweater tights. I can pair them with my comfy suede boots, a loose dress or tunic and an oversized cardigan and I'll be perfectly comfortable AND presentable.

2. Wear something other than black
Black is easy and fun and just happens to be the go-to color for band tees, I guess. The point is, my wardrobe is full of it. I'm going to make a point of buying some versatile pieces with color. For example, I recently bought a red blazer and several pairs of different colored tights.

3. Introduce heels to my wardrobe
I love love love high heels. My problem is that I can't walk in them. Well, the only way to get better is to practice, and I shall be doing a lot of that this year. I bought a few pairs of wedges and heeled boots to start with and pretty soon I may be wearing stiletto pumps.

1 comment:

  1. noooo! dont give up wearing all black. its so gorgeous and classy, but i like the restt- good luck!
    xx
    and gorgeouss blogg- will definitely be back again visiting SOON!

    ReplyDelete