Saturday, January 2, 2010

Zooey Deschanel/Summer Finn

Last night, Cassidy and I watched (500) Days of Summer (which, by the way, has the best soundtrack EVER) and I was inspired to write this post about Summer Finn's style and of course the style of the lady who played her- Zooey Deschanel. I've been a Zooey fan for quite a while. I love how she manages to look great without showing off a lot of skin. That's something you don't see a lot in Hollywood. Despite that, I wouldn't really call Zooey demure. Her wardrobe is whimsical and quirky. She's very vintage and very charming.

You should probably check out her folk duo She & Him. Just sayin'. She has an amazing voice.

In the movie, Summer's style is a lot like Zooey's. Her outfits are very vintage and feminine but not provocative. She looks breezy and classy and almost everything she wore made me think of Summer (the season). I'm guessing that was intentional. She wears a lot of light and neutral colors, wide leg pants and roomy dresses.

Oh, and the movie was great. I'm generally not a fan of romantic movies, but this one was different. I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't seen it, so I'll just shut up right about now.

Currently listening to: "Hero" Regina Spektor


1 comment:

  1. I like you. 500 days of summer is my favorite, I admire zooeys style like no other, and seems as though we have the same music taste. Have you seen the video with joseph gordon levitt and zooey deschannel in the bank, to 'why do you let me stay here"? Bah-caaause its the best. :D

    ReplyDelete