Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Modcloth.com

My latest fashion obsession is Modcloth!
Modcloth is a vintage-inspired indie clothing website which is pretty much amazing. Some of their stuff is a little pricy, but you can still find some great deals. You'll find everything here from blouses to tees to jeans to shoes, but my favorite part of Modcloth is the dresses. I love to look through them all.

There are two nifty features I discovered when dress-browsing. The first is that with each item, Modcloth gives you suggestions as to what to wear with it. I got a lot of good ideas from reading these suggestions. Also, I noticed this little thing that said I could consult a stylist.
I have been looking for a breezy summer dress that would be flattering for my specific figure that I can buy when spring rolls around. I decided that I would give this chat thing a shot. I signed into the chat system in a pop-up window and was connected with Autumn. I told Autumn what I was looking for and she gave me a few suggestions. (The window doesn't show what you type, which was confusing at first, but don't worry, the other end does receive your messages.)
These were the suggestions that Autumn gave me. I'm not a fan of the third one, but I like the others. The first two are great, but I think I like the second one better. I decided to continue browsing on my own since there are just so darn many dresses on this website.These are my favorite dresses that I came up with after searching the site. It took a while.
And after it all, I am no closer to picking a dress! There are just so many great ones!

If you haven't checked out modcloth.com yet, DO IT NOW! There really is something for everyone, I think.

Currently listening to: "There Is a Light That Never Goes Out" The Smiths

No comments:

Post a Comment