Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Spring Trends - Part One

Okay, I know it's kind of cliche to write about Spring trends and all, but I think I'm going to do a little series on my favorites. I'm really excited about Spring fashion... too bad it's 25 degrees here on a good day. Also, I'd apologize for not posting in so long, but I doubt anyone really cares.

In today's post I will be covering the first two spring trends on my list

1. Chambray
Chambray looks a lot like denim, but is lighter and easier to wear. Chambray is so versatile. It's being used in dresses, shirts, skirts, shorts, rompers... basically everything. And I'm excited. I can't wait to rock some chambray pieces in my wardrobe. I'm a denim addict, so naturally I'm glad a more spring-appropriate version is hitting the runways.

Chambray dress from the Lacoste spring collection

2. Colorblock
Colorblock is a fun and bold trend. Graphic and futuristic designs have been gaining popularity. However, it is perfectly possible to do colorblock subtly. Some examples of this are pieces with different shades of the same color. You can also take the bolder path and do it with contrasting colors. I enjoy statement-making pieces, so I'll most likely be taking the bold route with this trend.
Colorblock from the Mabille spring collection

And, as always, here are some more everyday manifestations of this trend that you can rock. (And my current musical obsession)






No comments:

Post a Comment